Sunday, April 6, 2008

Where did the sun go?!?!

We saw the sun yesterday for a couple of hours, of course, this was after we got home and were inside again, LOL!! Now it seems like it will be another grey day. I went and got three pots of pansies, my favorite flower, before they were all gone. If you don't get out there and get them they dissapear quickly and since they are cold weather, Spring flowers, local places don't carry them again in the year. I am going to put them in a planter so that when it gets hot out I can move them to the shade and hopefully they will last longer.

I started The Firestarter socks yesterday ... though it was around 11PM so more like today, LOL! I had this yarn in my stash specifically for this pattern. I didn't really like the toe in the pattern, so instead I used Judy's Magic Cast On and the Standard Toe from New Pathways for Sock Knitters. Now I am going to check the length and the pattern info to make sure that this will work with the pattern. The yarn is J. Knits in colorway "Kansas".



I received my recent order from Knit Picks! I ordered More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I also ordered another 32" US 2 needle and a 40" US 3 needle, as well as US 2 Metal DPNs. Then I got a Go Knit Pouch to carry my sock knitting around and DPN WIP tubes to hold DPNs (I always poke holes in my plastic bags when I carry those around). And lastly some Knit Picks Essentials in Pumpkin to make some mittens for a friend and some Felici in Coney Island that I think I will use for some Jaywalkers.



The Wee Tiny Sock Swap was last weekend. I finished my sock and mailed it out to Tawana. I was curious to see how self striping yarn would turn out in such a tiny sock!



This is the sock I received in the mail from Laura. She made this sock out of a lovely merino/silk blend that she hand dyed herself and sent a mini skein as well. This yarn is super soft and the color is just lovely. Check out the link above for her Etsy shop!


I updated my sock yarn stash in Ravelry yesterday, whew, but it'll be nice to be able to see it while I am looking at patterns. I often forget what I have in my stash and miss matching yarns up with patterns because of that.

No comments: