Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Swap Kit that I sent has been Received!!

I am so happy that my Hogwart's Sock/Scarf Kit Swap package arrived to its final destination yesterday! The Post Office charged me wrong and I was worried it was going to end up in another country (it was addressed properly, but I've never had that happen before).

And now I can post photos of what I made and sent!! I was holding off so that I wouldn't spoil the surprise!!

Here's a photo of the entire package that I sent to Lesley. We are in the 2nd Years group so we opted for a scarf kit this time around. I sent her two different brands of yarn, needles, stitch markers I made, a bookscarf, bag, soaps, candles, lip balm an not pictured here some chocolate!



Here is the bag, while I love how it came out and I'm sure she'll enjoy it, I don't think I'll be doing a pattern like this for a swap again. I did meet the deadline for mailing (and did so several days before), but it was getting worrisome whether or not I would finish this in time!!


Here's a close up of the cable pattern:


Here's a close up of the book scarf - from Charmed Knits, this is done in DMC Pearl thread on size 0 needles.

1 comment:

sunneshine said...

what a great bag! and great package! Those colors are really pretty in the pattern.