Friday, November 2, 2007

TGIF!

Last night we went to see "Rain - The Beatles Experience" and it was EXCELLENT! If you are a Beatles fan you should check out this site and see if they are coming to a venue near you. This band plays several songs from the Beatles over the years and they also dress like them and act in character while performing ... so it really is a Beatles Experience!

If you haven't tried Art Yarns Handpainted Stripes merino wool yarn, you are missing out! It is a little expensive per skein, but average for socks and you only need one skein ($22) so if you are a sock knitter you should try this!! The yarn is thick (worsted weight) so socks are done on size 5 needles. I am making a pair at the moment and the yarn is so soft and just glides right through my fingers.

My class for Charmed Knits ended this week :o( I did actually get a bit done during the class. I am making the Quidditch Sweater, which I did not intend to complete by the end of the three weeks. I did finish a book scarf and I am almost finished a sweater ornament. This class was a lot of fun, if there is another one I think I will sign up for it!

Tomorrow I think I will be going to the yarn store to get some knitting done and visit with the ladies.

While doing my usual perusing the internet for sock patterns and such I came across some great and informative sites. Cat Bordhi has some cool and informative videos on You Tube showing different techniques. One that I found of particular interest is Judy Becker's Magic Cast On for toe up socks. I have always been intimidated by the complexity of the figure 8 cast on, and this magic cast on seems to alleviate that problem. Its similar to the long tail cast on, but ends up similar to the figure 8 (end of toe). This method is also documented on Knitty.com and there's a pattern for socks using it too!

No comments: