Friday, August 17, 2007

Endings and Beginnings ...

I finished Mandy's Candy Bag today. This was super fun to knit. When I saw the pattern on NH Knitting Mama's blog I knew this yarn was in my stash and was PERFECT for this project.

I am not sure what I am going to do with this one, but I like it a lot and I might just keep it for myself to store small knitting notions.

I am almost finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I saw the movie last month and this is the first book in the series I have read. With the last book hitting shelves I decided to start here and read books 5 and 6 so that I can read 7 with everyone else. I am hoping that I get through them all before hearing any information that spoils the story for me.

I have cheated on my yarn diet :o( I placed an order with Knit Picks to get some things for a swap pal and could not resist ordering another item or two to get over the minimum required for free shipping. So I have purchased 4 skeins of sock weight yarn yesterday. Also the other day I was at the yarn store purchasing some yarn for a swap (which doesn't count against my yarn diet) and had to get some cotton yarn for a hat for the daughter of a woman I work with ... hey if its not for me does it count against my yarn diet?!?! LOL!!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thank you for knitting my pattern! I have added you to the gallery on my blog. Good luck!

Carrie Penny said...

I just wanted to stop by and say Congrats on Winning the Scavenger Hunt... You got some AwEsOmE packages down below too! Your candy bag is really cute too!

aksunflour said...

Congratulations on winning the Scavenger Hunt!
Have fun reading the books, I think that the last one is the best one written.
And thanks for the stitch marker exchange link. could be interesting.

KimT said...

yarn dieting is hard! love the colors on your mcb!