Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Quetionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love sock yarn - and buy a lot of it myself, so I am totally open to other types of yarn as well to broaden my horizon :o) I like merino wool, alpaca, silk blends and cotton blends or mercerized cotton. I do not care so much for mohair or yarns that are really fuzzy, ribbon and eyelash yarns. I do however enjoy novelty and carry along type yarns. I also enjoy odd yarns, like a yarn with a scent infused in it or aloe added to it.

Some yarns I would like to try that I haven't yet: hemp, bamboo and linen.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I currently use the Ziplock Plastic Bag Storage System, LOL! Not fancy, but it works. I keep my crochet hooks in a small plastic case. I keep a list on my computer of what needles I own.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting since September of 2006. My boyfriend's mother taught me and I picked it up right away and have been a knitting maniac ever since. I would consider myself to be intermediate, I am comfortable with shaping, increases, decreases, cables, socks, hats and I'll try anything.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes - which I just updated the order of the books on the list (I am currently reading a sci-fi series and I put the list in order for the series to be consecutive) and order of want for the knitting books on there.

This defaults to added by date, which is not correct for my "order of wants" - choose "Sort by Priority" and click GO to see them in order :o)

My Amazon.com Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love mint and coconut. I prefer fruit scents over flowery or musky.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh yes! I love chocolate. My favorites are kit kat, chunky bars, snickers, rollos, twix, m&ms ... ok so anything with chocolate :o)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I do not spin. I like cross stitch and needlepoint and rubber stamping.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My computer can play MP3s. My favorites are usually heavy metal like Megadeth or Pantera, for easy listening I like the Beatles, Peter Gabriel and Pink Floyd. I also enjoy Celtic music and new age meditation / relaxation type music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I really like a lot of colors (I buy a lot of hand painted variegated yarns that involve many colors). My usual preferences are purple, blue, green, gray. If I had to dislike anything it would be orange, red and yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend and my 3 cats and dog ... Ok so one cat adopted my BF when he moved in, LOL!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves only.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love to knit small quick projects, socks, hats, bags, gloves.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Are you kidding ... I'll need a whole page for that, LOL! It doesn't help that I just cast on 3 more projects within the last two days. Here goes: an afghan, 4 pairs of socks, fingerless gloves, a reversible cable scarf, a decorative scarf (Bernat Matrix & alpaca held together), a small drawstring bag, and even smaller drawstring bag, a tank top and a dishcloth.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends on the project. I own more circular than straight at the moment, so if I needed any it would be straight. I prefer bamboo or other woods.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

September 2006. It is an afghan that I started when I learned how to knit. I have every intention of finishing it ... just not in this summer heat!

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Dragons and wizards.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have subscriptions to Creative Knitting and Crochet Today! I usually pick up Knit It! and Easy Crochet when I see things in there that I like. I am also very fond of Interweave Knits. There are a few books I want on my Amazon.com list.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I have tried Fair Isle (very small test piece) and would like to actually learn how to do that with more than two colors and for a larger piece. I would also like to learn socks on two circulars and the Magic Loop Method to see if I prefer one of those over the 4-5 DPN method. I am also interested in learning to knit lace.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. 9 1/2" long and 8" circumference.

23. When is your birthday?

October 29th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

I am on the waiting list.

No comments: