Thursday, August 16, 2007

Swaps, swaps and more swaps!

This is the package I sent to my spoilee for the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth swap. I had fun making the dishcloth (and soon after cast on another for myself which has turned into a UFO) and stitch markers and soap bag. It was fun to put this package together!



This is the package that is en route to my Virtual Vacation Swap Partner (anonymous). I really had fun putting this package together and trying to come up with unique ways to identify my home state ... and getting it to fit into a box, LOL! I made the "Red Sox" bookmark and I also made stitch markers with shell, starfish and sand dollar charms.

I recently signed up for Secret Pal 11, Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 3 and The Stitch Marker Exchange. I am anxiously waiting for those to get underway.

I recently watched Pathfinder ... ah hem ... I mean Rambo: Indian vs. Viking, LOL! I love Karl Urban so watching him half clad in his Indian get up was enough to hold my attention throughout the entire movie and the cinematography was execllent, but totally lacking in any thought provoking story.

The Messengers I liked a lot, very good for scare factor and "making you jump out of your skin" while watching it. The story was good and had a pretty good explanation, the ending however was a little weird and left me with some questions as to why the characters would stay where they were (don't want to spoil it for anyone).

It is still hot here in New England, but the humidity has dissapeared so that it is bearable and maybe even "nice" ... ok so I don't think high 80s is nice, I prefer 60s myself.

No comments: