Friday, August 31, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

I do both. I leaned to knit last September and crochet last October and have been at least knitting on an almost daily basis since then.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

Both.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

I usually use Lily Sugar N' Cream. I would like to try Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton, Rowan Handknit Cotton DK Yarn or Rowan 4-Ply Cotton.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

I prefer straight needles when doing cloths. Usually 9" since most cloths are approximately 8"-9" those work well.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

My favorite colors are green and purple. I like pretty much anything for dishcloth yarn and I also like variegated yarns.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

Crisp, clean air. The leaves changing color. The cooler temperatures. Apple Cider. Hot Chocolate. Autumn is my favorite season.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

I love pecan pie! I think that is my all time favorite. Now if there was pie around, no matter what kind I would surely indulge in a slice :o)

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

I overslept on the first day ... however I am an excellent part time college student, so I love to learn and take classes, just didn't care much for it when I *had* to go and it wasn't my choice!

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

Let's just clear this one up - Halloween is my all time FAVORITE holiday of the year!!!!

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

Chocolate, strawberries and white cheddar cheez-its.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)

I have three cats and a dog, no children other than the furry kind and a boyfriend who's been around for over 8 years ... both of us could qualify as children at times, LOL!!

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

Oh my this is a hard one. I would have to pick handpainted merino wool. This yarn is usually wound pretty tight (which I am at times) - but the colors are so varied and spontaneously innovative ... which I can also be at times. This kind of yarn is also pleasing to the eye and lacks any particular pattern which makes me happy to use it.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

Usually dishcloths, but I do love lacey designs for face cloths and spa accessories.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

Halloween - see #9 :o) I love to go to Salem in October and visit all of the shops and museums. My birthday is also in October, so this is usually where I pick to go ... and its my day so every one has to do what I say (as far as where we go and what we eat that is), LOL!!!

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

Nope. On the other hand I love coffee and tea - flavored varieties for both :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow how fun - I'd never thought how interesting and cool it might be to visit Salem in October! I hope you post about it when you go if you do it again this year! Thanks for getting this up :)