Saturday, September 6, 2008

Updates on my Knitting Obsession ...

There's a woman I work with who knits and she has a quirk where she has to finish a project before she starts another one ... I told her fortunately for me, I don't have that problem, LOL! I do wish I did though!! If I did perhaps I wouldn't buy yarn for projects that I know I won't even start for a few months because I have too many on the needles at the moment but am afraid if I don't buy the yarn NOW I won't be able to find it again!

I am doing well on my Quidditch Sweater from Charmed Knits. I started this back in October 2007 for a knitting class. It sat and sat, but I took it to work with me one weekend (where I pretty much just have to stay awake overnight and answer the phone) and I got a lot done. Now that I see some real progress I am really motivated to finish it!



Here's another project that I started a few months ago for someone who was pregnant ... no I didn't tell them I was making it, because I know how that goes. Obviously it isn't done yet, LOL!! I think a friend of mine who has a 1 year old is going to get it instead.




And now on to my yarn buying addiction! Berroco now has Ultra Alpaca Sock yarn! So I had to get some of that. My local yarn store has a frequent buyer program where you get points if you spend over $20 ... well since this yarn is only TEN DOLLARS, which I couldn't believe, I also got some more Tofutsies.




I went to Michael's the other day to get some yarn for a sweater and while I was there I saw this glow in the dark yarn, how cool is that?!?! So I picked up a few skeins to make something for my friend's daughter. She asked her what she wanted since she is 4 years old, she figured she could decide for herself and she chose a hat. So I will be starting that soon so that she can wear it this year.



This is the yarn for the sweater. Its Patons Shetland Chunky which I used for a scarf before (and no ... the scarf is not finished, LOL) and its a nice soft yarn. They didn't have the color I was looking for, but did have this one and its nice for a wintry warm sweater.



I also picked up some Heart & Sole to try out since I haven't tried that before. I am thinking I will do two socks at once with these ones.

1 comment:

Anita said...

LOL I wish I had that problem too! I'm afraid I'm right there with you, too many projects on the needles and too much yarn in the stash... and I also get that unrational fear that the yarn I want won't be there later! Well they do discontinue it after a while, can't let that happen! ha ha

Love all your new yarn!! I really need to get some of that new Red Heart sock yarn to try!