Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mid-April Already?

Its mid-April already! And I am not saying that because of tax season ... it interests me more because I don't have April socks almost done! My taxes were done at least a month ago, if not more and I received and spent my refunds already, LOL! My boyfriend on the other hand perpetually does his taxes on April 14th ... despite each year saying he'll be doing them early this year ... uh huh!

There's not too much going on in the knitting department here. I am still working on my Firestarters and Seduction Socks, and other numerous WIPs and UFOs crowd around me everywhere I look.

We applied for a mortgage through the Credit Union I belong to and were pre-qualified, we just have to submit paystubs and other proof that what we said it true. So hopefully we'll be moving this year!!

Because of that I have been trying not to spend any money that I don't have to ... like if I have 30-something skeins of sock yarn, there's really no reason why I need to buy more. However, I just had to purchase these kitty stitch markers from Anita's Etsy Shop. They are so cute and well crafted!




I worked last night at my part-time job so I missed the second episode of Battlestar Galactica. Since Comcast puts it On-Demand I didn't bother trying to dig through the 20 VHS tapes piled on top of my VCR to find one to tape it on (probably to find out the sound is crap anyway). So I am hoping its available On-Demand asap!

I was glad to see that the Rivendell Sock pattern was available for purhase as a pdf. This pattern will be in a book that is going to be published, but is not yet available. Being the super sci-fi nerd that I am ... how can I not knit this pattern?!?! So I purchase it, you can too at this site.

Its another rainy, grey April day here in New England, but since I worked third shift I am off to bed anyway, LOL!