Monday, September 17, 2007

Dishcloth Swap Topic #2

When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

So far I have only knit dishcloths, but have some crochet patterns I would like to try in the future. I started out using metal needles, but have found that I like bamboo much better (plus they are lighter and don't fall out if you drop one!). I usually use Clover bamboo straight needles. Depending on the gauge of the yarn and the pattern I use anywhere from a size 5 up to size 8. I also have one set of birch needles by Lakewood Needle Co. in size 6 that I really like.

I usually use Lily Sugar 'N Cream because it is inexpensive and comes in a wide range of colors. I also like to use Saucy by Reynolds and Cotton Classic by Tahki Stacy Charles. The mercerized cottons have a sheen to them and seem a bit more flexible than the regular cotton and I like those a lot. They also work great for soap bags.

2 comments:

mamarara said...

Hi I am going to be your spoiler now. Looking forward to it.

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome, thanks for stopping by!!