Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another Day Gone By ...

I finished the sock for the Wee Tiny Sock Swap while I was at work last night. Sometimes knitting in the middle of the night doesn't work so well. I started the sock Friday night and couldn't figure out why the heel instructions were weird and there wasn't a heel flap, but appeared to be one in the photo on the pattern.

So I did only the turning instructions thinking maybe it was because the sock was so small the heel flap was skipped ... this didn't look right, so I ripped it out and tried again ... still didn't look right. So I left it alone for the day and went back to it last night at work. Well looking closer at the instructions, there was a heel flap, I just didn't see the instructions there ... duh!! So I ripped back again and did the heel flap and viola ... it looks like a normal sock now. I will post a photo of it once its received for the swap.

Since I finished the Magic Lace Rib Socks, I started working on the Seduction Socks by Ann Budd again. I hope to finish this pair by the end of April to be eligible for the Sock Knitters Anonymous drawing.

I really like this pattern and how it is working with this yarn.




I scored tickets to Iron Maiden on Friday. I think they will be sold out if they are not already. I could only get general admisison lawn seats, so let's hope it is not raining that day. The concert is in June, so the weather will be warmer anyway.

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

That should be a great concert.

The pattern for the little sock threw me at first, too. Can't wait to see yours! Those little things are addictive.

Tama said...

Iron Maiden? Are they still around? My husband would be so jealous. The socks are looking great!

Anita said...

Wow, I saw Iron Maiden in HS!! :) Should be a good one! I'd also like to see Def Leopard again if they ever come around here!!

Tawana said...

Hi Angela,

I just recieved your wee tiny sock. I love it! Thank you very much. It has already found a home on the tiny sock blocker that I have.

Tawana