Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Is it Friday yet? I worked 30 hours in three days over Sat, Sun and Monday, yikes!! That might not be a lot for some who usually work 10 hour days, but I don't, LOL! And I am working for the rest of the week, but I'll have this weekend off from my part time job.

One really cool thing about this part time job is that I am able to knit while I am there, so I am really progressing on my Seduction Socks. This is the first time that I have used Comfort Sock by Berroco and I really like it. It seems like it'll wear well and be durable too since it is made from acrylic and nylon ... which also means that the socks will be machine washable. I wear a size 8 shoe and usually my foot circumference calls for 64 stitches, so that is what I did instead of the 56 that the pattern called for, I am glad I did because this sock fits snug, but very comfortable. I think if I did 56 stitches it would be a little too tight.



I splurged on some sock yarn from Dragon Fibers since I got my tax refund ... any excuse to buy more sock yarn is a good enough excuse for me, LOL! This yarn is really lovely in person, the photo doesn't do the colors justice.




I am happy to have finished my Easter cards and mailed them out already. Especially since I spent $30-$40 on supplies at my local rubber stamp store. I almost forgot that I had done them, I put them up high on a cabinet to dry so the kitty wouldn't mess with them. My boyfriend was looking for the large baking sheet and that's what I had put them on to keep them flat, LOL! Otherwise I would've found them who knows when!

3 comments:

Tama said...

I love that Seduction Sock pattern! And that Dragon Fiber yarn is to die for!! I am off to go check them out. What gorgeous yarn! I can't wait to see it knit up.

Miss Me said...

the dragon fiber looks loverly... and nope - not friday yet. i wish!

Anita said...

Your socks are looking great! No surprise there, your socks always look great! Love your new yarn, an I agree with you, any excuse will work when buying new yarn!!!

Those Easter cards are sweet :)