Friday, June 22, 2007

All About UFOs and WIPs ...

For those of you who knit or craft in any form ... you know that UFOs are Unfinished Objects and WIPs are Works In Progress :o) I would eventually like to become one of those people who only work on one project at a time until it is finished and then start on another. I have a sinking feeling that I will never be one of those people :o) I have a project on the table by the recliner in the living room and I always have one or two by the bedside (for during commercials or a few rows before nighty night). Then I usually have a project or two in zip lock bags to grab on the go and throw in the car if I think I may have to wait somewhere.

How do you determine what is a UFO and what is a WIP?!?! When does a WIP become a UFO!?!?! LOL!!

I like to periodically go through the list and prioritize:

WIPs

Headband - for birthday gift this month. It is almost complete. I have about 4" more of one of the ties and then I just need to weave in all the ends and it will be finished.






Fingerless Gloves - gift for my BFs mom who taught me to knit. Will be given this Christmas or whatever holiday we see them at that they are completed by. I also have yarn on hand to make a pair for myself.


The ones that are started in the lighter color are for his mom. The yarn is Koigu KPPPM 100% Merino Wool. And the other yarn is for my pair - Claudia Hand Painted Yarns also 100% Merino Wool.



Upsidedown Daisy Hat - for my friends daughter, want to complete by this Fall when she can wear it. It is size 2-4 and she'll be 3 this Oct. so I think she'll be able to get a bit of use out of it.








Once those projects are completed (or at the same time, who knows!!) I want to complete the following:

  • Socks - Worsted weight socks - have 1 of the pair to finish, then I have 2 skeins of different sock weight yarns to do on size 1 or 2 needles.
  • Reversible Cable Scarf - for BF, needs to be completed by winter :o)

  • I have yarn for two tank tops for myself ... maybe these will be done by next summer!

  • Baby Blankets - I have yarn on hand for two baby blankets, but no babies in the works at the moment, they were just patterns I saw and wanted to try.
  • Chemo Cap - Yarn on hand.
  • Baby Lace Hat - Yarn on hand - not sure who this will be for, the pattern is really pretty and I just wanted to try it.

  • And I'm sure there are a lot more I am forgetting at the moment that are sitting in my stash ....

No comments: