Friday, June 29, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire

1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting?

I do both. I learned to knit this last September and that brought about an interest to learn crochet and I found I liked that as well and learned to crochet in October.

2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before?

Yes. I started out knitting dishcloths because they are small projects and I wanted to learn to knit different stitches.

3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not?

I like Lily Sugar 'N Cream. Most of the patterns I have found for dishcloths call for that or any other 100% worsted weight cotton, so I haven't really thought about trying anything else.

4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with?

Haven't found any yet.

5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic)

I usually prefer metal with cotton yarn because it has less give than other yarns and it seems to work smoother with the metal.

6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?

Socks, scarves, baby blankets, baby sweaters and hats, chemo caps and headbands.

7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting?

Oh boy - my house is full of craft stuff, LOL! I like rubber stamping, cross stitch and needlepoint. I just made a pair of stitch markers for another swap and think I may like beading as well, LOL!!

8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts?

Chocolate or fruit flavored candies.

9. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any?

My kitchen is country blue w/ some yellows and oranges. The bathroom walls and fixtures are pretty ugly so I jazz it up with a tropical sea theme with bright tropical colors that blind us so that we can't see the ugliness, LOL!

10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike?

My favorite colors are green and purple. I do not care so much for red and yellow.

11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages?

I like coffee (especially flavored varieties) and tea.

12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)?

I have three cats and a dog.

13. Do you have any allergies?

Nope. I do prefer fruity smells over flowery or musky ones though.

14. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.

  • I am a big sci-fi nerd .. um I mean FAN.
  • Johnny Depp is my hero and I wish Captain Jack Sparrow was a real person.
  • I love chemistry and take college classes hoping some day to finish with a degree (I work full time and part time jobs) and be a chemist. Oh wait I already said I was a nerd ...

1 comment:

SUMMERSGIRL said...

Looking forward to swapping with you. Your washcloth is in the works and should be finished soon.
Priscilla