Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Vitual Vacation Swap Questionnaire :o)

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?

I have always wanted to visit Arizona and Colorado. I would like to see the desert in Arizona and the mountains in Colorado. I love nature and the beautiful landscapes.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?

I have always wanted to visit Ireland. Most of my genes are from Irish ancestors. I would love to visit castle ruins and of course actual still standing castles as well!!

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?

Yes, in 2004 my dad and I trekked to Michigan from Massachusetts. We went though NY, Canada and arrived in Michigan. I have also traveled through NH, ME, CT and RI.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?

I have been to Hawaii once. I think that would have to be the most "exotic" place that I have been.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?

I would have to say my most favorite travel vacation was to England in 2001, it was the furthest and foreign-est I have ever been. We stayed with a friend that I met over here in the USA when she was on vacation and then we stayed in touch via email when she went home. I still talk to her via email about every other day and hope to visit again sometime in the near future.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.

I have visited gift shops in Salem, MA and New Hampshire towns and that somtimes feels touristy. Touring the towns and visiting the shops that are local to that place makes it feel like I am visiting that place and learning about it.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?

As much as I like the beach I do not like the crowds, so usually I would be found in a VERY QUIET museum :o)

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?

I like natural or unusual fibers - alpaca, bamboo, wool.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?

Anything too novelty that is hard to work with - ribbon, lots of different components, things that split and get caught up on needles.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?

I like items that are small and progress can be seen quickly - scarves, hats, socks, decorative items.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?

I have not yet taken a vacation since I learned to knit and crochet last Fall :o) But I would probably pack a project that was small, something on circular needles (for ease of transport). Something that was a fairly repetitive or simple pattern so that I could do it without too much attention to the pattern details.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?

I also cross stitch, rubber stamp and scrapbook. With all of these things there really isn't anything else I would be interested in taking up except maybe paitning.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)

Nope.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?

Favorite - purple or green. Least favorite - red or yellow.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?

Sweet, sweet, sweet :o)

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

I like all animals and have three cats and a dog.

2 comments:

Dreamy said...

Yay for all the people who like England! Your rubber stamping stuff looks amazing and gorgeous though-- I love it.

Bubblesknits said...

I'd love to visit Salem, MA for the history and museums there. :-)