Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Day at the Yarn Store!

I went to the yarn store today and figured I would NOT bring any knitting and that way I would not spend the entire day there again - hey 5 hours isn't an entire day right!?!?! Well instead I ended up looking through magazines and found this awesome tank top and I purchased some yarn and needles (and stitch markers) to make it. I think I am going to LOVE the finished tank though, so its OK, LOL!!!

I was planning on getting yarn for a sweater, but they didn't have enough on hand, so the money went to this instead. So the sweater will have to wait. Hopefully I finish this before the summer is over so that I can actually wear it this year! The yarn is Tartelette by Knit One Crochet Too. It is a ribbon yarn, but it is fairly easy to work with, a little slow going to make sure that the yarn doesn't split over the needles, but this tank is in Stockinette Stitch so its not complicated.

So next time that I go to the yarn store on a Saturday, I will bring something to knit!!!


Here is more progress on what I am now referring to as my "Hufflepuff Socks" - this is the yarn I received in the Hogwart's Sock Kit Swap in Hufflepuff yellow and black. The pattern is coming out nicely and I think its going to look really cool with this yarn!

Thursday is the make up class for my toe up socks. I have been working on that sock as well and hope to get one finished by the class and start on the other one.

This yarn is Meditation by Skacel and its so nice to work with. It smells so good and the colors are very pretty. This will be a small drawstring bag once complete. Just a *for fun* project :o)

I am trying to think of other things that this yarn could be made with. It smells lovely, but I don't think I would want to make any kind of apparel out of it. It would definitely make good scented satchels!!

This is a soap bag that I am making and hope its done in time to send off for the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap. Also hope the bar of soap fits in it, LOL!! I purchased birch needles to try with this pattern and they are very nice and light weight.

No comments: