Thursday, July 19, 2007

Toe Up Sock Progress and Stash Accumulation!

Here is an update on my toe up sock. I had the second class last night and turned the heel. Now I can work the leg. The instructor suggested for our first sock, working the leg in stockinette and then doing a small portion of ribbing at the very top to prevent rolling. She suggested that for future socks we can try and tackle ribbing or patterns on the leg and I agree that's a good idea :o)

This yarn is fantastic too! It is Trekking XXL and as I am knitting I find I don't want to put it down because I can't wait to see what colors are coming up next!

As we all know we can't help but increase our stash even though we have so many unfinished projects or yarn already on hand for projects. I recently got an order from Knit Picks.

I was concerned with buying yarn online, colors on the web are not real life sometimes, you cannot touch it to see if you would like to work with it, etc. But I am pleasantly surprised with Knit Picks yarns. The Essentials is so soft. I bought 2 skeins in Pine to make Green Man Socks and two skeins in Dusk to make socks on two circular needles (also purchased the needles). Then I got two hanks of 100% Merino Wool because it was on clearance and the color was nice! The prices at Knit Picks are excellent and the service and delivery excellent as well.

At my LYS I picked up a skein of Smooshy in "Ruby River" by Dream in Color. The color just called to me and the yarn was so soft and yummy. I think once I finish my toe up socks, I will try another pair with the Smooshy yarn. And lastly I got 3 balls of Meditation by Skacel - the yarn is infused with lavender and smells so good. I saw a pattern in an old issue of Creative Knitting Magazine for a small drawstring bag that I am going to use the Meditation yarn to make.

No comments: