Thursday, January 10, 2008

Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?

Both.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?

Bamboo.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?

I usually use Sugar 'N Cream or Peaches 'N Cream because they are readily available and inexpensive. I have really wanted to try Stripes colors, but can't find any in my local stores. I also like Cotton Ease by Lion. I would love to try Rowan Handknit Cotton, none of my local stores carry it.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?

My kitchen is country blue, navy blue and yellow. My bathroom is yucky brown panelling and robin's egg blue for the fixtures ... yeah who thought that looked good back in the 70s?? So I spice it up with a tropical sea theme.

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?

I really like anything for dishcloths.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?

I count the days until it ends. I don't mind temperatures in the 40s and 50s but freezing cold and snow I could do without. And the darkness really bums me out.

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?

Knit! I also like to read books and magazines, rubber stamp and watch movies. I also

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps?

Ice cream ... yeah I know it doesn't go so well with winter! Chocolate is my other favorite.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?

All of the above.

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?

Ireland, I have ancestors that came from there and I would love to see the countryside and some old castles.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?

Nope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CottonEase is one of my favorites -- I ADORE cloths made from that in the bath - it's so squishy and absorbent! Good to see ya in this round again :D

Dorothy said...

I believe that ice cream is a four seasons kind of food!