Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Topic #2

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

My knitting doesn't change too much, I knit a lot of socks and small items, however, I get ideas for cold weather items - like I could have really used a pair of mittens while I was shoveling off the shed the other day, however, by the time I get to knit myself a pair it'll probably be the middle of summer! At the moment I am knitting a cotton/acrylic blend for a sweater that I hope to finish by February, this way it can also be worn in Spring and get some use out of it (1 year old size).

No comments: