Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?

I prefer creamy cocoa made with milk. Dunkin' Donuts has a great hot chocolate, but its high octane so I don't get it too often.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?

Whipped Cream.

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?

Oh decisions, decisions, there are just so many to choose from! Let's start with colors, I prefer deep, rich colors. Pretty much anything goes. I like wool, alpaca, cotton and blends of any of those. I have not tried Noro or Lamb's Pride yarns, so those would be something new for me.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?

I can do both, but prefer knitting.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?

It depends on the project and the yarn whether I prefer bamboo or metal. I have not tried Brittany or Lantern Moon.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?

I could use an open end cable stitch holder, I have many other types of cable needles, but for certain patterns this would be easier. Or bent tip yarn needles, I only have one of the bent tip and I'm not even sure I know where it is, LOL!

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?

A WPI Tool and Knit-Kard or The Knitter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements.

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)

I don't really have a quick one. I like hats and socks, they are smaller so feel like I am getting more accomplished in less time. Socks I can break into pieces, cuff, leg, heel, etc. so I feel gratification when I finish a part.

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?

Knit and watch movies (I don't like the cold outside or snow).

2. What is your favorite animal?

Hummingbirds and butterflies.

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?

Oh yes. Especially when we don't see the sun for a few weeks at a time. Luckily at this point there have only been a few days like that before the sun breaks though the clouds so far this season.

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?

I put on lots of lights in the house to brighten things up and sometimes work on a project related to spring or summer - knitting or rubber stamping.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?

Seeing flowers popping up, I love pansies and those are a spring flower.

6. What are your favorite treat?

Chocolate.

7. What is your favorite board game?

I haven't played one in so long! I would have to pick Sorry or Monopoly. I remember playing those when I was a kid. As an adult I love UNO, but that's more of a card game.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?

Furry - a dog and cats.

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?

Nope.

No comments: