Saturday, October 27, 2007

SPoooooooKY

Note to self and all other bloggers ... SAVE your posts before they get lost in cyber space. I just had this really long post disappear right before my eyes, uuurrrgghhh!!!



Anyway, on to the good stuff! Today we went to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D at the theater. It was really cool. Its the original movie, so nothing really jumped off the screen, but the things in the foreground really seemed to be popping out. I love this movie so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see it on the big screen ... and in 3D too!

While there we saw a trailer for a new movie starring Brendan Fraser that is also in 3D - and the trailer was too! The title is Journey 3D and it is a remake of Journey to the Center of the Earth. The 3D effects in the trailer were really cool ... jump out of your seat cool.

This weekend I feel as though a HUGE weight has been lifted from my shoulders because I finished knitting things for swaps and mailed out 3 swap packages in the last two weeks. Moreso because they were all due by the 31st which is fast approaching!! Now I can spend time knitting whatever I want without deadlines, LOL!!!

The weather today was PERFECT for seeing a movie - it is grey and raining and just plain yucky out there - and before the showtime I spent some time perusing Ravelry for sock patterns for the now SEVENTEEN skeins of sock yarn I have ... yes somehow I bought another one last night.


This is Universal Yarn - Wisdom Marathon New York in Color #221.

While perusing sock patterns I found that someone out there had done Jaywalkers in Opal Prisma and they looked AWESOME! I would have never thought to use this yarn for that pattern and I happen to have some on hand!! So I cast on for that today.

Also pictured are my beautiful dyed DPNs from Grafton Fibers. The photo doesn't do them justice. The colors are rich and the needles are laminated for a high shine and smoothness. They work beautifully and are much smoother than my bamboo needles. Check out their website for better photos and to check out all the other products they have!!



These next socks are on my WIP list, but not included in my sock yarn skein list because they are for a coworker and she bought the yarn, LOL!! They are simple toe up socks (wrap increases and p2tog, ssk decreases for shaping) and are done in Trekking XXL. Last night I finished the rest of the foot and turned the heel. At the moment I am contemplating whether to do stockinette or ribbing for the leg.





Funny animal observation for the day (though this happens every day at my house): Why do animals spin around in circles when they are excited or want something?!?! Can you imagine if we humans did this ... standing impatiently, spinning in line for coffee in the morning or spinning for joy when we get a swap package on our porch, LOL!!!

No comments: