Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tales of Yarn

I finally got my first skein of Socks that Rock! The colorway is Fire on the Mountain. A knitting instructor that I take a lot of classes with needed enough for one more sock so we split the skein and I'll still have enough to make a pair of my own.

Also, a HUGE order of Tofutsies came in and I have been wanting to try it, but my LYS only had 4 skeins for the longest time (and I didn't really care for any of the colors ... probably why they were left over, LOL). There were so many colors that I liked after seeing all of them, but I decided on this one. I am so excited to because I found a pattern using Tofutsies in the December edition of Knit 'N Style and I really like it, so I have the perfect pattern for this yarn!

At this time I have 12 sock yarns on hand and have yet to actually finish a pair of socks, LOL!!! So essentially I have enough sock yarn on hand to keep me busy with a PAIR A MONTH for the NEXT YEAR! I should really be banned from purchasing any more sock yarn!!


I started the Charmed Knits class at my LYS last night. I am making the Quidditch Sweater. I chose colors similar to Slytherin (what I chose is not the green listed in the book, but one that I know I will wear a lot). So the main color will be this green and the stripe will be a heather grey.

Two ladies are making Mrs. Weasley's Bag of Stitch Witchery (as is the instructor) and are making it in other colors than those in the book so those should be interesting to see. Another woman is making the Invisibility Shawl, and I think the other two are making house hats. Some of us are also making book scarves.

I was a good knitter and started with a gauge swatch. Sometimes I knit really tight so I wanted to make sure the gauge was correct so that the sweater actually fits! Then I cast on for the back and got as far as you see in the photo. This seems to knit up pretty quickly so I hope to have a good portion done before this class ends, but it is only three weeks so I am not expecting to finish the entire sweater!

I have one more 12 row pattern repeat on the bag I am making for the Hogwart's swap, so I hope to have that finished by the end of the weekend or the latest Tuesday night (because I want to bring it to class Wednesday and get advice on blocking if needed). Then I just have the strap, but I think that'll work up really quick.

No comments: